traits of the school
The traits of the school
1. To furnish science and computerized education.
- The school holds science camp and science research contests.
- The school is eager to provide computerized data processing education----to
equip each classroom with a computer. Everyone has its own homepage,
every teacher has one, too, and everyone has an IP address.
2.To elaborately design learning situations.
- To build up a culture porch, displaying good works of different subjects.
- To design the Learning Corners where students can learn a lot any
time and anywhere.
3.To promote language abilities and the use of studying resources.
- To have time for English listening comprehension and to hold different
contests for languages or reciting.
- In the flex curriculum time, to cultivate students’ good study habits
by using the books in the library the number of which is over 20,000.
4.To enhance professional teaching skills and abilities: to invite
teachers to join the activities of instructional supervision and teaching
observation to make sure of the interactive cooperation between teachers.
5.To provide other chances of education which is suitable for
different personalities by holding various kinds of contests and activities.
- To hold various contests for different talents----music, Chinese,
English, Fine Arts….etc.
- To have potentiality-developing classes and multi-capability-developing
classes to exploit students’ potential abilities.
- To have more than 60 student-centered societies to cultivate their
interests and abilities.
- To hold extra-curriculum trip: outing for seventh graders, overnight
camping for eighth graders, and graduation trip for ninth graders.
- To hold healthy and exciting activities juveniles: interesting games,
cheering games, concerts, and other for special talents.
- To arrange activities and exhibits for works of students to show
what students has learned in school.
6. To do more for special education.
- A self-contained class has professional teachers, its own classrooms
and life self-management classroom and others. It also provides students
of special education
- To hold various kinds of activities for students of special talents----such
as the shows in field day, thanksgiving party show at the end of a year….etc.
- To make students have a strong body and make physical activities
more popular, we set up many school teams for sports----basketball,
volleyball, korfball, table tennis, shuttlecock, soccer, tchokuball,
track and field, swimming, tae kwon do…etc.
7.To regard life education as extremely important and to stress
- To teach students lessons about knowledge of laws, traffic rules,
eye protection, environment education, public service….etc.
- To hold contests of life education, launching a class-of-honor activity----to
cultivate students’ sense of honor and to have their prize----not having
to wear uniforms to school.
- Through self-experience learning, to arrange some student-centered
- To develop scouting lessons and to cultivate leading ability, the
sense of democracy. To hold self-governing activities and to well educate
the executives in the class.
8 To have the homeroom and vice-homeroom teacher system.
- To strengthen the counseling and teaching of the students, the school
has been having the homeroom and vice-homeroom teacher system since
the 88th school year----to let every class have one extra teacher to
take of the students in the class, and every student has one extra teacher
to keep him or her company.
9. To keep the campus completely safe----to protect the safety
- To set up a 24-hour monitoring system and patrol the campus more
often, to unite the available resources of the community and the strength
of the parents---- to set up a safety-preserving net and many loving
stores. To remove the dangerous corners and to periodically examine
the safety of the buildings and equipments of the campus to provide
safe environments for students.
10 .To hold the new work of counseling system---- 3(teaching,
instructing, and counseling) in one counseling system----to make sure
the counseling job in school goes well.
- To strengthen the counseling and humanistic guiding strategies and
manners to instruct and counsel with students.
- To fulfill the first-, the second-, and the third-level prevention
of counseling, personal case, and group counseling.
11. To provide complete and perfect instructions for going to
higher level of studies.
- To periodically hold meetings for multi-entrance applications, to
invite nearby high schools to give some details about these schools,
and to give exhibitions of datum.
- The counseling teacher gives instructions to each student and lets
him or her make the best choices.
12. To stress life education and sex education.
- To hold activities and to publish two periodicals----“Green Elfin”
and “Unusual Things About Sex”.
13. To hold activities about parenthood education.
- To give about 9 lectures a year. Every time it focuses mainly on
the relations between parents and children and instructions of how to
get along well with children.
- To hold irregular parenthood fruitful activities, such as growth group,
reading club, lectures, studios.