HOME > Grade 1-9
The efforts of Grade 1-9 Curriculum made in Taipei
Municipal Shijian Junior High School
Grade 1-9 Curriculum has been going on for more than one semester. It
used to appeal to multidirectional public opinions. Gradually, it turns
to be practical when it was put into real use. During the procession of
doing this, the role and the adjustment of the teachers are the foremost.
To face the new changes, how can teachers prepare for the new curriculum?
Among these new changes, the most important are:
- 1 To have new way of thinking, new knowledge and abilities, and professional
ways of behavior.
- To get to know well about the concept and practice of the integration,
Based Curriculum, team teaching, and flexible693 curriculum.
- To set up Curriculum Development Committee to help teachers arrange
the curriculum design.
- To have the concept of life-time learning and to have the heart for
The traits of the Grade 1-9 Curriculum teaching activities in
- The activities are student-centered and learning-oriented. They
are aimed at life experience. They help to cultivate the abilities
with students in their life time.
- They help teachers to improve effective teaching and to take care
of students in more humanistic ways, with counseling strategies during
- The school provides effective teaching with the best computer facilities
and other computerized resources----with a computer, a LCD projector,
and a big screen in each classroom.
- To stick to the ideal visions of the school, it has flexible curriculum:
information education, oral English, science activities, life stage,
sports competitions, indigenous activities.
- To develop school-based curriculum according to the ideal visions
of the school.
- According to the development traits of the school, to put into
effect the theme-based integrated teaching activities----life education,
gender equity education, environment education….etc.
- Teachers of different subjects hold their meetings every week to
improve the function of teaching seminars.
What we have achieved by implementing Grade 1-9 Curriculum Guidelines:
- The Grade 1-9 Curriculum Guidelines becomes part of the main body
of the school, and the school has been developing its school-based
- Teachers go to professional further studies and keep well-organized
- Teachers launch curriculum integration, team teaching, and provide
theme-based unit teaching.
- Teachers get computerized data involved into his teaching process.
- Teachers put the Six Theme and other new education theme into teaching
of their fields.
- Teachers set up their personal homepages and homepages of their
subjects through which teaching, learning, and communication proceed.
- The school has various student societies----English Conversation,
The King-brained Math, Literature Study, Poetry Recitation, Dialects,
The POP Society, The Choral Society, Recorder Society, and more than
50 other recreational and sports societies.
- To set up learning corners (languages, social study, science, and
arts) and problem-solving math contests.
- Teachers provide multiple assessments and,with multidirectional
way, go into the learning process of the students.
- Teachers establish each student’s learning files which can really
shows the growing and learning trace and the differences between students.
- To provide extra chances of learning by holding various contests----contests
of Chinese(calligraphy, composition, speech), English speech contests,
English recitation, English playlet contests, exhibits of scientific
works, and contests of talented shows, choral, recorder, comics, and
many kinds of ball games, outings, camping, and other team activities.
- Teachers form Educational Action Research Studio, Curriculum evaluation
indicator Studio, Gender Equity Education Reading Club, and Teachers’
Learning-oriented Team….etc., to effectively promote professional
teaching and to help teachers with successful teaching.
All the members of the teaching staff, with all their minds and hearts,
and support and cooperation from each other, work hard to aim at the complete
preparation of the implementing of the Grade 1-9 Curriculum. The goal
that the curriculum reveal is full of ideals and perfection. Yet, the
curriculum provided by the school show that they, designed by the seven
teaching areas, can get to the study goals of the curriculum by cultivating
their basic abilities. We emphasize that“students are the main body of
the learning activities”, “life experience and problem-solving are the
core of learning”, and “we work together for a perfect hope construction.”
All in all, we will strive for the idea that we will give students the
abilities that are always with them all their life. Meanwhile, the concept
of holistic education, warm and safe campus, and life-time learning is
also the ideal vision that we all always work for. Respect and love are
our nutrition pills. Sincere belief and honesty practice are the moral
standard that we all stick to. Everyone in this school tries his or her
best for the school and is proud of it. At the same time, the school itself
is also proud of every single member in it. Let us all create the best
campus which other people admire.